Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fender foot switch chassis grounding

Hi all,

I'm being lazy as I'm sure I can ind this or figure it out.... anyways. I'm rehousing a foot switch from my Deluxe Reverb reissue to make it more space friendly. Considering that there is audio passed through the reverb wire/switch, do I need to ground the chassis of the pedal? Second, I'm placing LEDs in the pedal for each switch but they will be completely isolated from the reverb and tremolo switching. Here I think I want to avoid grounding the chassis for the electrical ground to avoid noise. Is that right or wrong.

So- should I ground the pedal chassis to: nothing, the tremolo and reverb switching, the LEDs, the whole shebang?

Thanks!

I believe that you are confusing the term "Ground".
    If you want to use a common terminal for the negative supply, that is fine.
    Keep the circuit in mind.

Comment

Originally posted by Crazy_Fool View Post
      I'm rehousing a foot switch from my Deluxe Reverb reissue... ground the chassis of the pedal? Second, I'm placing LEDs in the pedal for each switch but they will be completely isolated from the reverb and tremolo switching. Here I think I want to avoid grounding the chassis for the electrical ground to avoid noise. Is that right or wrong........So- should I ground the pedal chassis to: nothing, the tremolo and reverb switching, the LEDs, the whole shebang?!
      Thatīs no longer the regular footswitch.

Please post the full schematic of what you are building , even if hand drawn.
      Do not copypaste original Fender schematic and say "this is what Iīm building" because itīs not any more.
      Thanks.
      Juan Manuel Fahey

Comment

Make sure the pedal chassis is connected to the amp chassis.
        - Own Opinions Only -

Comment

Working...
        X