No announcement yet.

Music Man 410-65 Service.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heater voltage is the voltage between tube heater pins, i.e. pins 2 and 7 of power tubes.
    - Own Opinions Only -

Comment

Originally posted by Helmholtz View Post
      Heater voltage is the voltage between tube heater pins, i.e. pins 2 and 7 of power tubes.
      That's what I remember, and vac too. It does maybe have a CT ( red/ yellow ) goes to a junction on the recifier board perhaps. Anyway will get VAC tmrw.

G1.. no it doesnt have a spare set of transformer wires, so Im stuck with how it is.

Thanks SC

Comment

Originally posted by Sea Chief View Post
        "Like a garden hose pressure will drop as you increase the water flow".. actually I don't get it. This must seem absurd to you, gnashing of teeth etc.

But if I increase the flow by opening the tap up to force more water through... I can't consider anything other than the pressure to -increase-. I'm doing my thought experiments, just like Einstein papers everywhere here etc, & nope.. I just cannot think of it decreasing in any scenario if I turn up the tap.
        Try this one. You are running the garden hose with the tap full open. You put your finger over the hose end to try to cut off the flow. The more you reduce the flow, the greater the pressure will be in the hose. If the hose were semi-elastic rather than rigid, you would see it start ballooning as you reduced the flow. That is due to increased pressure.

Originally posted by Enzo
        I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

Originally posted by g1 View Post
          Try this one. You are running the garden hose with the tap full open. You put your finger over the hose end to try to cut off the flow. The more you reduce the flow, the greater the pressure will be in the hose. If the hose were semi-elastic rather than rigid, you would see it start ballooning as you reduced the flow. That is due to increased pressure.
          Right that makes sense to me. No two ways about that. So here Im thinking of the pressure - within- the hose you see... not considering the pressure of the water ejecting from the end: which is always how i imagined these analogies to be concentrating on, bc that's the business end, that I tend to sit & stare at.

Thanks for your patience g1.

Comment

Originally posted by Helmholtz View Post
            Hi HH, 6.9v heater voltage. Is this ok?

I wonder if my higher line voltage than these designed for (220v from online info) might have upped it from 6.3 vac? Thx SC

Comment

Originally posted by Sea Chief View Post
              I wonder if my higher line voltage than these designed for (220v from online info) might have upped it from 6.3 vac?
              It could have 6.3 x 240/220 = 6.87
              What does your line voltage measure? I think mine is more like 245V

Comment

Originally posted by Dave H View Post

It could have 6.3 x 240/220 = 6.87
                What does your line voltage measure? I think mine is more like 245V
                Hi Dave H, 240v on the nose.

245v? That seems high-?

Comment

Working...
                X