VOX Beatle extra part

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VOX Beatle extra part

Took this V1141 Beatle/Super Beatle apart a week ago, and thought, "I gotta remember where this piece goes", as I struggled to get into this beast. Now, do I remember? I do not. For the life of me I cannot see where this flat black metal piece goes. I don't have any extra screws or vacant holes that I can see. I'm guessing it is some bit of shielding, but for the life of me, I don't see where it goes.

Click image for larger version

Name:	001.JPG
Views:	300
Size:	433.6 KB
ID:	943087
    It's weird, because it WAS working fine.....

Ha, I have one.
    pretty sure it's a corner brace for support but I forget where it goes.

Comment

Next time, photograph everything if you have any doubts.

Do they hold the reverb in place perhaps or is it a screen for interference for the preamp.
      Support for Fender, Laney, Marshall, Mesa, VOX and many more. https://jonsnell.co.uk
      If you can't fix it, I probably can.

Comment

I kind of recall Peavey had a bracket in place over the Reverb pan input transducer.

Comment

I think nevetslab was working extensively on one of these recently. Maybe he will recall seeing it.
          Originally posted by Enzo
          I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

It's gone now. I never did figure out where it went.
            It's weird, because it WAS working fine.....

Comment

Originally posted by g1 View Post
              I think nevetslab was working extensively on one of these recently. Maybe he will recall seeing it.
              I'll check R.G.'s books to see if it was shown there. I didn't find one in Mike Campbell's amp that I worked on. Now, his lacked the E Tuner module....and I think that was mounted to some bracket over on the upper left side, seen from the rear.

After looking thru both of my R.G. Keen's Vox books...Vox Owner's Safety Net and V1141 Beatle Repair Supplement...I didn't find any mention of that bracket, nor any photos. Might be in one of the Videos which show the disassembly of the amp from the cabinet.
              Last edited by nevetslab; 10-12-2021, 08:00 PM.
              Logic is an organized way of going wrong with confidence

Comment

Originally posted by Randall View Post
                It's gone now. I never did figure out where it went.
                So did you hand the part to the owner with an explanation of how it came to be?
                If it still won't get loud enough, it's probably broken. - Steve Conner
                If the thing works, stop fixing it. - Enzo
                We need more chaos in music, in art... I'm here to make it. - Justin Thomas
                MANY things in human experience can be easily differentiated, yet *impossible* to express as a measurement. - Juan Fahey

Comment

Working...
                X