Positive Grid Spark 40 needs input jack

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Positive Grid Spark 40 needs input jack

I have a Positive Grid Spark 40 with a broken guitar input jack. Where can I get a replacement?

Neutrik manufacture a wide range of connectors. Available through many sellers; RS Components, Mouser, Farnell etc. Even through Fleabay.
    Support for Fender, Laney, Marshall, Mesa, VOX and many more. https://jonsnell.co.uk
    If you can't fix it, I probably can.

Comment

A photo of the part would help.

I found a picture of the amp, it appears to have a common Cliff type jack with the chrome ferrule. Neutrik makes a similar one. I don't recall if Mouser stocks those, but places like www.tubesandmore.com do
      Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Thanks!

Comment

If you are UK based, RS and CPC/Farnell stock the Cliff products. Needless to say, a Neutrik will avoid that happening again.
          Support for Fender, Laney, Marshall, Mesa, VOX and many more. https://jonsnell.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Jon Snell View Post
            Needless to say, a Neutrik will avoid that happening again.
            I have to ask if Neutrik is making unbreakable jacks now?

Originally posted by Enzo
            I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

Originally posted by g1 View Post
              I have to ask if Neutrik is making unbreakable jacks now?
              As we all know, nothing is unbreakable

I think you will find, a Neutrik socket will tend to hold together when a cheap guitar jack plug snaps off in the socket, plus the contact material is usually of a better quality and less chance of bad connections that are the major cause of broken jack sockets through rough handling when trying to get a signal through the cheap plasticky sockets.
              Fender Blues Juniors come instantly to mind with awful quality jack sockets.

Comment

Oh, I misunderstood. In first reading I thought you were implying that CLiff jacks would be weak and crappy compared to Neutrik. The Fender jacks you cite are not Cliff-style jacks.
                Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

I've got the problem resolved. I found the replacement on tubesandmore.com. I installed it and it works great! Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by goldtop5 View Post
                    I've got the problem resolved. I found the replacement on tubesandmore.com. I installed it and it works great! Thanks!
                    I need a replacement jack for mine as well, which jack did you go with?

Comment

Working...
                    X