Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Voodu Valve

Hi

I need some help on this Rocktron Tube Driven DSP Preamp. The unit cannot power up. Upon checking, I realised that 2 components placed just behind the AC adapter socket are black, badly burnt and charred. The PCB is also burnt. I cannot see anything written on the components. They are 3 pin components and broken into 2 pcs. The inner one is marked FC1 but the one just beside, only FC is visible. I guest it is FC2. Can someone tell me what are these components and what are the markings on them. I cannot find the schematic anywhere. Please assist.

Thanks

Carlos

A picture of the area of the board in question would help greatly.
    Experience is something you get, just after you really needed it.

Comment

That sounds like RF filters;
      Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2021-11-21 at 13.04.09.png
Views:	190
Size:	505 Bytes
ID:	945577
      Support for Fender, Laney, Marshall, Mesa, VOX and many more. https://jonsnell.co.uk
      If you can't fix it, I probably can.

Comment

schematic:

Click image for larger version

Name:	fetch?id=850204.jpg
Views:	126
Size:	437.0 KB
ID:	945607
        Originally posted by Enzo
        I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

Thx g1.

FC1 & FC2 are feed through capacitors to suppress interference. You can replace but exactly how depends on the image of the area in question. But, given the damage, significant current must have been flowing so there may be more damaged components. For now you can bypass them to restore the missing connections and then apply power using a current limit or via a series resistor until you have eliminated any downstream issues.
          Experience is something you get, just after you really needed it.

Comment

Working...
          X