B52 AT100 reverb button broken

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B52 AT100 reverb button broken

Hi all this is my first post so I hope I'm in the area for this question. I have a B52 AT100 I picked up a few years ago cheap of course. it's working well really no problems except the reverb knob was broken off when I got it no big deal but I think I'd like to try replacing it my question is where might I find this shit switch and has anyone done the repair?

According to the schematic the part is a B250K type pot. A picture of the part is really necessary but I had some repair pics that I did on an AT100 years ago, I posted it here. In the front of the amp it is the metal round type pots and in the back it is those little square cheapo pots. Here is an example link of what I think the part is for the reverb pot, but it is up to you to make sure that the part will fit in the amp. The dimensions below are what is in that Fleabay listing so that is just an example of the variables to be aware of when picking the right part.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/30146003010...sAAOSwuWJaoyMp
    • Shaft Diameter: 6mm
    • Shaft Lenght: 10mm
    • Mounting hole: 7.5mm
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot from 2021-12-04 10-52-56.png
Views:	75
Size:	329.8 KB
ID:	946520
    When the going gets weird... The weird turn pro!

Comment

Re-reading your post description you say the button broken and then reference "Knob". Knob makes me think that it is the pot. So which is it? Pot or push button?
      When the going gets weird... The weird turn pro!

Comment

There is no reverb switch in this ETI product, it is a 250k pot. Available from almost anywhere.
        Support for Fender, Laney, Marshall, Mesa, VOX and many more. https://jonsnell.co.uk
        If you can't fix it, I probably can.

Comment

Oh, button/knob is a distinction lost on many non-technical people. SO is knob versus pot shaft.

In any case looks to be common 16mm pot.
          Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

It will require disassembly, board removal, and soldering in of a new pot. Then the knob pushes on from the outside.
            Originally posted by Enzo
            I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

Working...
            X