Vox AC30CC2 strange behavior

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vox AC30CC2 strange behavior

Good evening everyone, I state that I am a rookie in the field and I would like to ask your opinion on a strange behavior of my Vox AC30CC2.
    I replaced the filter capacitors today and after reassembling everything and turning on the amplifier the output signal was very very low.
    At one point I gave a particularly strong strum on the strings, and the signal became perfect.
    What could have caused this behavior?
    Thank you very much for any replies.

Cristian

Check any Effects loop by inserting a cable from Send to Receive.
    WARNING! Musical Instrument amplifiers contain lethal voltages and can retain them even when unplugged. Refer service to qualified personnel.
    REMEMBER: Everybody knows that smokin' ain't allowed in school !

Comment

A bad connection somewhere. Check the wire dressing and make sure everything is looking good as it was.
      There are a whole host of interconnectors on these newer Korg amplifiers. Make sure they are OK.
      Support for Fender, Laney, Marshall, Mesa, VOX and many more. https://jonsnell.co.uk
      If you can't fix it, I probably can.

Comment

Thank you!

Comment

Chopsticking the amp while playing through it may reveal where the fault lies. I use a melamine chopstick with a sharpened point, but any non-conductive material that's long enough to maintain a safe distance should be fine. Sometimes gentle pressure on a component, connector, wiring or circuit board is all that's needed.

Comment

Originally posted by Mick Bailey View Post
            Chopsticking the amp while playing through it may reveal where the fault lies. I use a melamine chopstick with a sharpened point, but any non-conductive material that's long enough to maintain a safe distance should be fine. Sometimes gentle pressure on a component, connector, wiring or circuit board is all that's needed.
            I just remembered that in the past (so before replacing the capacitors) the amp had had the same behavior. Then as now it had been shut down for about two years. I don't know if this could be part of the cause. Anyway, after that hard pick, the amp worked perfectly.

Comment

Do check/clean the insert/effx jacks as loudthud pointed out in post #2. They are often the cause of this symptom.
              "I took a photo of my ohm meter... It didn't help." Enzo 8/20/22

Comment

Also inspect the loop bypass slide switch.

Comment

Hey, thanks again for your replies.
                  I did some test on your advice and here is the results:

- Nothing happens if I insert a cable on send/return
                  - Sound disappear if I touch the loop bypass switch (even after the amp works correctly)

Btw the amp stays at very low volume for a couple of minutes and then goes to normal working state.
                  It is as if something inhibited the start of the power section and then suddenly disappeared.

Comment

So clean that switch.
                    Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Working...
                    X