No announcement yet.

How NOT to............

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Opening that compartment has always been exciting.
    This one chose the surprise box.

Click image for larger version

Name:	cajasorpresa.jpg
Views:	147
Size:	68.5 KB
ID:	947374

Comment

Are those paper bags?

Comment

Is that masking tape? To hide the IC logo. perhaps?
        If it still won't get loud enough, it's probably broken. - Steve Conner
        If the thing works, stop fixing it. - Enzo
        We need more chaos in music, in art... I'm here to make it. - Justin Thomas
        MANY things in human experience can be easily differentiated, yet *impossible* to express as a measurement. - Juan Fahey

Comment

It's masking tape. Each of the capacitors was replaced by two lower voltage ones in series and with resistors to balance. I think the masking tape was to try to isolate each set. They weren't ICs, but ordinary from electronics store capacitors. .

Comment

I have seen a lot of bad workmanship, but that takes the cake.

Comment

The nice thing about peeling one end of the doghouse open like a tuna can is that now any ham handed guitarist playing around with "tube rolling" could be electrocuted

That's not just bad workmanship. That's dangerously irresponsible.
              "Take two placebos, works twice as well." Enzo

"Now get off my lawn with your silicooties and boom-chucka speakers and computers masquerading as amplifiers" Justin Thomas

"If you're not interested in opinions and the experience of others, why even start a thread?
              You can't just expect consent." Helmholtz

Comment

Originally posted by DrGonz78 View Post
                Just use original duct tape it can fix anything!!
                That reminds of the Red Green show, handyman's corner episode: The Bug Zapper. " Duct Tape. The handyman's secret weapon"

Experience is something you get, just after you really needed it.

Comment

Working...
                X