X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And what the output looks like on the scope
    video, sharing, camera phone, video phone, free, upload

Comment

Have we actually measured power supply voltages? That seems like it needs to happen.

Comment

See post #10.
        "I took a photo of my ohm meter... It didn't help." Enzo 8/20/22

Comment

Originally posted by The Dude View Post
          See post #10.
          Thanks, I thought he had but then missed it when I scanned through the thread. It seems very strange that the distortion happens in both channels and both speakers, I'm wondering if one of the rails could be sagging when it has to deliver significant current, but that is just a guess. Other than that I would think you would have to start probing through the signal chain while it is pumping out the distorted signal.

Comment

Originally posted by glebert View Post

Thanks, I thought he had but then missed it when I scanned through the thread. It seems very strange that the distortion happens in both channels and both speakers, I'm wondering if one of the rails could be sagging when it has to deliver significant current, but that is just a guess. Other than that I would think you would have to start probing through the signal chain while it is pumping out the distorted signal.
            Were the power supply voltages measured only at idle? A measurement at load would be telling...
            If it still won't get loud enough, it's probably broken. - Steve Conner
            If the thing works, stop fixing it. - Enzo
            We need more chaos in music, in art... I'm here to make it. - Justin Thomas
            MANY things in human experience can be easily differentiated, yet *impossible* to express as a measurement. - Juan Fahey

Comment

I think I said this earlier, but I would turn the amp up to clip and start scoping from the input to see where clipping starts. It may not even be the power amp that's at fault.
              "I took a photo of my ohm meter... It didn't help." Enzo 8/20/22

Comment

Originally posted by Jay Mann View Post
                And what the output looks like on the scope
                Did you ever solve this? I’ve got a JC60 with seemingly the exact same issue. I also replaced the power supply filter caps, which reduced hum, but the farting out clipping remains.

Comment

Working...
                X