Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WEM WESTMINSTER Mk IX (10 watt) SCHEMATIC Resistor question?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WEM WESTMINSTER Mk IX (10 watt) SCHEMATIC Resistor question?

Hey all
    Can somebody tell me the value of this resistor? Thanks in advance..
    http://www.vintagehofner.co.uk/brita...estminmk9.html
    Click image for larger version

Name:	wemcap.png
Views:	222
Size:	3.50 MB
ID:	954267
    Attached Files

Flip the board over, follow the copper traces and see what it connects to. *If I had to guess from here, I'd suggest it was the 1.5k 1W resistor in the upper right of the drawing. Whatever it is, you will need to determine what burnt it out. Likely a bad power tube.
    Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Originally posted by Enzo View Post
      Flip the board over, follow the copper traces and see what it connects to. *If I had to guess from here, I'd suggest it was the 1.5k 1W resistor in the upper right of the drawing. Whatever it is, you will need to determine what burnt it out. Likely a bad power tube.
      I just want to second THIS ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Components don't often fry just because they went bad. It's usually a reaction to something else that is wrong.
      "Take two placebos, works twice as well." Enzo

"Now get off my lawn with your silicooties and boom-chucka speakers and computers masquerading as amplifiers" Justin Thomas

"If you're not interested in opinions and the experience of others, why even start a thread?
      You can't just expect consent." Helmholtz

Comment

They used two circuits.
        If it feeds the transformer for the ECL82s, fit a 680R 3W. if after the transformer fit 1k5 1W.
        Use MO or MF resistors as they are fire proof.
        Support for Fender, Laney, Marshall, Mesa, VOX and many more. https://jonsnell.co.uk
        If you can't fix it, I probably can.

Comment

Working...
        X