No announcement yet.

Allen & heath idr 8 d-out Expander psu

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just registered to say thank you to both the Antwan and Jon Snell. You helped me save my IDR-OUT from going to the landfill.

My issue was very similar with no signs of life on power up and no output on the secondary side of the transformer. After carefully reading this topic and methodically eliminating the most probable culprits I could not find any obvious issues. So I replaced the same 63V 47uF cap(C29) and the 16V 2200uF caps (C35&C36) for good measure. That did the trick and although the transformer is still producing a barely audible high pitched hum it seems to work just fine.

I have another IDR-OUT in for repair but that board has a lot of prior (bad) repairwork and heat damage around a lot of the components. I might give that one a try when I get around to it.

Lastly I have a IDR-8 with a very similar issue, no power and it seems there are no outputs on the secondary side of the transformer. I am very cautious about tinkering with this one and ofcourse I discharged the huge 400V cap but after replacing some obviously bulged and blown caps I still get the same result. I searched for the document you mentioned Jon Snell
    For your information the document is the DR88 Expander PSU. Drawing C4780.
    but I was unable to find anything. I understand that is a different PSU but the one in the IDR-8 seems very similar(AG448_1). I was hoping you could point me in the right direction?

Comment

Working...
    X