Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Morley EVO-1 oilcan echo

Hello folks,
    I am working on one of these oh so interesting electrostatic echo units from the late 60's.
    I have enough info to get this one working rather easily except for the idler wheel.
    Does anyone have a source or know of any reliable business that rebuilds these idlers? The rubber is past the point of reconditioning & is out of round, too.
    This unit is owned by a guy who has the dough to put whatever it takes to get it working, so I am pursuing this one.

The idler on one side is a wheel that is driven by a motor shaft & the other side is for a round belt that drives a flywheel.

Thanx, glen

Can you get the rubber tire off the wheel? You can buy idler tires - MCM sells them, and other suppliers to the consumer electronics trade.
    Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Hey Enzo,
      this particular idler seems to be completely molded out of one piece of rubber on the brass bushing, so no tire to pull off. I'll see if I can get a digit pic.

I recall back in the 70's & 80's there was this company, PRB (projector belt corp) & not only did they have just about every belt or idler you might need, but also offered an idler rebuilding service. They were bought up by Russell Industries & it appears they don't offer the rebuilding service anymore.

There is one guy out there that has a rubber idler rebuilding service, but I've heard some negative things about his work. I may just have to find out for myself as you just never know the authenticity of what goes around on the web.

thanx for the suggestion and if anyone else has had any good experiences with any ider rebuilding co, please chime in.

Thanx, glen

Comment

http://www.terrysrubberrollers.com/
        The farmer takes a wife, the barber takes a pole....

Comment

I have a big box of NOS idler wheels, mostly EVGame - a PRB competitor - but have no idea which if any would suit your application. Whenever I need one, I just shuffle through them.
          Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

yeah,
            He is the guy I heard some derogatory things about. Have you had any direct experience with them? Thanx, glen

Comment

I have used Terrys Rubber Rollers twice and had absolutely no problems.He responded fast to my emails and shipped promptly.He made me one roller from measurements I sent him and it was a perfect match.Dont know what or who you heard from,but I would recommend him anytime.

Comment

Working...
              X