No announcement yet.

Squealing / Drill -ish Sound from Amp.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Squealing / Drill -ish Sound from Amp.

Click image for larger version  Name:	image_59334.jpg Views:	23 Size:	3.05 MB ID:	960166 Click image for larger version  Name:	image_59335.jpg Views:	16 Size:	187.7 KB ID:	960168 Hey Guys,

so i finally tried to fix my old Valvestate vs100. Iam far away from an Expert. I can repair my guitars and stuff but never tried an Amp. So , There was no Signal coming from the Amp, neither from with a Guitar plugged in the Input or the Fx Return. So after checking a little bit i decided to solder Joints on the Powerstage Board, that looked like cold solder joints. Not smart at all i know. Anyway. After putting the Board back in, as soon as i turn on the Amp in makes this weird squealing/ drilling kind of Sound. Never heard something like this before. There also was a tiny bit of smoke coming from preamp tube area (i think). I dont know. Someone maybe know what this could be or what ive destroyed I added a Photo and marked the spot ive soldered
    Thanks in advance

Edit:
    It seems that i plugged con12 wrong back into the Trafo. So now i have no noise anymore, but still no sound and iam afraid, that i have burned a fuse (Smoke).
    Last edited by Jaoon; 05-12-2022, 06:33 PM.

If the photo is your actual amplifier, the issue in within the blue rectangle. Why have you got badly soldered joints that are shorting tracks together .....
    Remove the solder, clean the pad and resolder using heat, fresh solder and speed. Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot 2022-05-12 at 19.03.41.png Views:	0 Size:	2.12 MB ID:	960181
    Support for Fender, Laney, Marshall, Mesa, VOX and many more. https://jonsnell.co.uk
    If you can't fix it, I probably can.

Comment

Lordy.
      That is some poor soldering!
      All over the place.

Comment

I once had to touch up a cold solder joint on my amp in the bands practice space, where I didn't have my bench tools. The owner of the space had some Radio Shack flux core solder but not an iron. I used the end of an unraveled coat hanger heated with a Bic lighter. It looked better than this.
        "Take two placebos, works twice as well." Enzo

"Now get off my lawn with your silicooties and boom-chucka speakers and computers masquerading as amplifiers" Justin Thomas

"If you're not interested in opinions and the experience of others, why even start a thread?
        You can't just expect consent." Helmholtz

Comment

Working...
        X