Ordering Littelfuse Fuse Holders from Mouser.....beware

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ordering Littelfuse Fuse Holders from Mouser.....beware

I just received my latest shipment of parts from Mouser. One of the items I ordered were more of the Littelfuse 0345 series fuse holders, as is used on Fender Combo amps. You do have to order the fuse cap separately, and getting the part number for that is a challenge, and they're little help on that. What arrived today was the fuse holder and.....NO PLASTIC HEX MTG NUTS!! THAT is an item Littelfuse shows NO Part Number for. Useless part without it!! So, back onto the phone to try and get to the bottom of that.

https://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/576-03450613HX040

Best they could do was to send somebody to their warehouse to see if there are those plastic mating nuts in the bin box where they pull the holders from. If not there....and Littelfuse has no P/N for it, how the dickens are you supposed to mount it? Glue ain't to UL/CSA code for certain!

Ain't buying parts these days fun?
    Logic is an organized way of going wrong with confidence

I have to ask, what is wrong with the nut that you already have.
    Support for Fender, Laney, Marshall, Mesa, VOX and many more. https://jonsnell.co.uk
    If you can't fix it, I probably can.

Comment

Originally posted by Jon Snell View Post
      I have to ask, what is wrong with the nut that you already have.
      This is for additional fuse holders, where I'm NOT replacing the holder body, but installing complete fuse holders in a project.

I think I finally found where Littelfuse has hidden the information. Clicking on the webpage Data Sheet, it comes up showing three fuse holder caps, and underneath that, there's a button to push to get to an additional data sheet. At the bottom of THAT data sheet, there are part numbers for the fuse caps, as well as rubber washers, mounting nut, and a couple other items.

Once again, misled by images on the webpage, and nowhere on the main data sheet where it shows all the options for the type of fuse holder body do they tell you the P/N's for fuse caps and mountin nuts. They show you the mtg nut, pointing out a Special 1/2' thread, but no P/N!
      Logic is an organized way of going wrong with confidence

Comment

That seems odd. In the past, I've tried to get just certain parts of fuse holders, like caps that got lost. I always had to buy the whole fuse holder just to get a cap. They always came complete- holder, cap, washers, nuts,......
        "I took a photo of my ohm meter... It didn't help." Enzo 8/20/22

Comment

I love Mouser , but when I need an exact Marshall/ Fender / etc... part i usually buy from http://www.amprepairparts.com . Lots of great amp parts and excellent customer service

Comment

I have a huge collection of pot nuts, jack nuts, and switch nuts. Any chance one of the Fender jack nuts or a common toggle switch nut might match the thread?
            Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

I just gave myself a little pat on the back for keeping all the extra Buss fuseholder mounting nuts accumulated over decades. Might have a dozen, fifteen or so. Plus the odd-thread plastic ones taken from all sorts of demised fuse holders. "Never throw anything away!"
              This isn't the future I signed up for.

Comment

I also have a bin of assorted fuse holder parts. I save all parts of them. Sometimes you just need one part of the holder and having that drawer has saved me from having to order new holders many times.
                "I took a photo of my ohm meter... It didn't help." Enzo 8/20/22

Comment

Oh, that great big nut with the notch cut into the threads to clear the side solder terminal. I forget the brand, one of the big two.
                  Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Originally posted by Enzo View Post
                    Oh, that great big nut with the notch cut into the threads to clear the side solder terminal. I forget the brand, one of the big two.
                    Belling Lee.
                    These were sold by RS Components, Farnell and I am sure Mouser.
                    Very common in older British amplifiers.

Just noticed no longer stocked by RS since the covid era. They only stock Schurter branded chassis mounted holders and only a choice of two!
                    https://uk.rs-online.com/web/c/fuses...-fuse-holders/
                    Support for Fender, Laney, Marshall, Mesa, VOX and many more. https://jonsnell.co.uk
                    If you can't fix it, I probably can.

Comment

Originally posted by nevetslab View Post
                      I just received my latest shipment of parts from Mouser. One of the items I ordered were more of the Littelfuse 0345 series fuse holders, as is used on Fender Combo amps. You do have to order the fuse cap separately, and getting the part number for that is a challenge, and they're little help on that. What arrived today was the fuse holder and.....NO PLASTIC HEX MTG NUTS!! THAT is an item Littelfuse shows NO Part Number for. Useless part without it!! So, back onto the phone to try and get to the bottom of that.
                      I was first burned by that problem about 10 years ago, made sure to thoroughly check datasheets since. Also experienced similar with crimp connectors on occasion, with no (obvious) direct cross-reference to mating parts on datasheets like which crimp pin mates with which housing and which header... Sometimes feels like they're not in the business of actually selling their parts!

Comment

Working...
                      X