Those pesky XLR cables

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Those pesky XLR cables

Saw this and thought it might be useful to someone out there.
    nosaj
    Amazon.com: SoundTools XLR Sniffer/Sender Microphone Cable Remote End Cable Tester : Musical Instruments
    soldering stuff that's broken, breaking stuff that works, Yeah!

I would say it is quicker to use a standard cable tester as more than just XLRs can be tested.
    I use one of these, not so easy to lose on stage!
    Battery powered and suits Speakon, PowerCon, XLR, TRS and TS jacks, Phone/RCA plus more in one machine. Either way, both ends of the cable must be gathered for testing, regardless of whether single unit or dual unit testing is employed. Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2022-06-19 at 09.46.32.png
Views:	212
Size:	905.4 KB
ID:	962591
    Support for Fender, Laney, Marshall, Mesa, VOX and many more. https://jonsnell.co.uk
    If you can't fix it, I probably can.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	61vAWpJUqOL._AC_SL1000_.jpg
Views:	183
Size:	86.3 KB
ID:	962596 Bought this one.
      https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...0?ie=UTF8&th=1

Comment

• TEST AUDIO SNAKES RAPIDLY: Test 50+ channels from a snake system in seconds with the Sniffer when using phantom power from your console.
        this is what caught my eye. And also in a fixed install like a church per say you can check runs that are in walls.
        nosaj
        soldering stuff that's broken, breaking stuff that works, Yeah!

Comment

Well the deal is with the hunter and sniffer, you can check out a hundred foot snake without coiling it up, or even better an installed snake that is within the walls can be serviced. Yes, you need someone on the other end to move the hunter as you move the sniffer.
          Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Working...
          X