Axial Leaded Capacitors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Axial Leaded Capacitors

Just curious who folks are using these days? Nichicon discontinued their line - Vishay, Illinois Cap now owns CDE/Cornell Dubilier, Kemet, and then there are the $$$ ones.

Capacitor - F&T, 500V, Type A, Axial Lead | Antique Electronic Supply (tubesandmore.com)
    Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

The big rated ripple current was always expensive, small chunks not quite. But always found the big ones get better ESR. Used Vishay 120*C almost exclusively.
      "If it measures good and sounds bad, it is bad. If it measures bad and sounds good, you are measuring the wrong things."

Comment

I also predominantly use F&T, however, I am trying out the new MOD caps through CE Dist. I called their customer service to find out a little more. The MOD caps are made in South America and they use vintage values (eg 20uF instead of 22uF). I also like the metal look. Too soon to tell about longevity, but they do their filtering job well enough and the low ESR's give me confidence.

Comment

Working...
        X