Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Marshall DSL 401 No Sound! Really Need some help!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

where i can find pot vr12

hi everybody i dont live in united state and i want to know where i can find the vr12 pot for my marshall dsl 401 the other question is i dont know to much about ttubes so grooves tubes or mesa boogie and where i can buy mesa boogie and how much is

Comment

In Canada , i ordered the dual 200k master volume pot through
      The Long & mcQaude music store .
      Look for a marshall dealer close to you and see if they can order it .
      tubes shouldn't be hard , ebay ?

Comment

Originally posted by Twist View Post
        The last one of those I repaired had a blown 100K resistor R94. Otherwise you need to check for your high voltage. F1 may be blown. Are the filaments glowing on all the tubes?
        I've just found this thread - I have a DSL 401 that has just gone mute also. Tubes glow but no sound (only a bit of a buzz when volume is right up (11 mind you!))

I've just tested R94 and it seems dead. I've tested a load of the resistors on the board and they all seem fine.

I am going to replace R94 but I'm curious as to why this might be blown / how to prevent it happening again / why it cuts out the whole amps signal.

Hopefully you guys are still around to answer!

Best wishes,

Marcus.

Comment

Originally posted by mattwood View Post
          I've just found this thread - I have a DSL 401 that has just gone mute also. Tubes glow but no sound (only a bit of a buzz when volume is right up (11 mind you!))

I've just tested R94 and it seems dead. I've tested a load of the resistors on the board and they all seem fine.

I am going to replace R94 but I'm curious as to why this might be blown / how to prevent it happening again / why it cuts out the whole amps signal.

Hopefully you guys are still around to answer!

Best wishes,

Marcus.
          How did a 100K resistor go open?
          A bad tube?

Comment

Working...
          X