'PF' designation for raised resistor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 'PF' designation for raised resistor

Working on a GL series Allen & Heath mixer. A few resistors are stood off from the circuit board, they are marked PF on the schematic to designate this.
    Just curious as to what the PF is an abbreviation for. (in supply rails for headphone amp)
    Originally posted by Enzo
    I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Maybe they meant FP as in flame proof? Misprint?
    "I took a photo of my ohm meter... It didn't help." Enzo 8/20/22

Comment

I had thought that too. But they have the exact same parts elsewhere that are not stood off and no schematic designation. And they look like very standard resistors.
      I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

Phenolic resin coating?
        https://link.springer.com/article/10...209-009-0050-1

Comment

If you are refering to R90-93 & R97-100 they are fire proof just in case of numpties plugging something silly into the headphone socket and killing the headphone output transistors. And yes, it has happened!
          Support for Fender, Laney, Marshall, Mesa, VOX and many more. https://jonsnell.co.uk
          If you can't fix it, I probably can.

Comment

Are the leads on those resistors formed to maintain their height above the board? Maybe "pre-formed"?

Comment

Hey, I like that one.^^^^
              Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Originally posted by Greg Robinson View Post
                Are the leads on those resistors formed to maintain their height above the board? Maybe "pre-formed"?
                I thought on it. But all I came up with was "probably fine". I'm going with "pre formed" though.
                "Take two placebos, works twice as well." Enzo

"Now get off my lawn with your silicooties and boom-chucka speakers and computers masquerading as amplifiers" Justin Thomas

"If you're not interested in opinions and the experience of others, why even start a thread?
                You can't just expect consent." Helmholtz

Comment

Originally posted by Greg Robinson View Post
                  Pre-formed seems to be it. The leads are kinked to stand them off the board a few mm.
                  Jon Snell , they are definitely not special 'flame-proof' type, but they are stood off the board to perform that function (for reasons you mentioned). GL2200, R33-36, R107 & R108.

Comment

PF as pre-formed sounds very reasonable. While these aren't a necessity, I do have and use a set of these to make nice, consistent lead forms.

https://hakkousa.com/chp-pnr-30-d-lead-forming.html

Comment

Those lead formers are nice. Saves playing around with needle-nose pliers.

Comment

Working...
                      X