Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Danelectro DC59 Wiring Diagram (concentric pots) and/or help (image in post)?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Danelectro DC59 Wiring Diagram (concentric pots) and/or help (image in post)?

Hi all! I’m new here and have just been getting into guitar repair and… enhancement for the past year, focusing on acoustics for now because I know literally nothing about electronics and do not own a soldering iron, but I’m dipping in my toes today by cleaning out and repairing my beloved Danelectro (my first guitar, over 20 years ago). Everything on it is still factory and there APPEARS to only be one loose wire (thank goodness no soldering, I hope—it’s just a loop on the unattached end), and I can’t find a diagram that tells me unambiguously where this loose wire goes. It’s the black wire I’m holding in the first image below. Bonus wiener dog.

EDIT— I should add that the issue I’ve been having with it is that the bridge tone/volume knobs don’t seem to do anything— my suspicion was that the bridge pickup had a loose wire, which it still might, but I don’t know how to get under the pickups without cutting open the guitar. Might this loose black wire be the culprit?

ANOTHER EDIT — Also posting an image of the only diagram I could find that seems to apply to my guitar (sort of) down below.

Click image for larger version  Name:	79A6CEC8-3C22-46BC-B48B-C9AFAB491E3D.jpg Views:	0 Size:	63.0 KB ID:	966006

Click image for larger version  Name:	005D56FB-E1DC-4912-8F0F-9662CF699B51.jpg Views:	0 Size:	74.5 KB ID:	966005Click image for larger version

Name:	B0CB2274-C169-4B33-AA4A-420F66C0CA93.jpg
Views:	1356
Size:	380.6 KB
ID:	966009
    Attached Files
    Last edited by hossbossman; 08-04-2022, 05:14 PM.

How about this: http://dennysguitars.homestead.com/D...ml#anchor_1033
    Originally posted by Enzo
    I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

Originally posted by g1 View Post
      perfect! It’ll take some figuring out but my guitar must be the 1998-2003 reissue (my dad got it new for $100 in 2001). I’ll give it a try. Thank you!

Comment

Hello, I'm sorry to post so late, but I've just seen your post. To me, I believe that that unattached wire is the one that grounds the bridge. It should be attached (not solded, but in contact) to one of the bridge posts (screws). It's the one marked in the diagram as "ground wire from bridge". You should find a little hole in the top of the guitar, just right below the bridge, or you should pass the wire through the bridge screw hole, so for it to be in touch with the screw. I hope it helps!

Comment

Working...
        X