Source for Chrome Ferrule Jack insert Orange Amps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Source for Chrome Ferrule Jack insert Orange Amps

I had three more Orange AD200 Bass Amps sent over to check for signs of that Oscillation I found on the one I just serviced. Before I could get the first one powered up, going to plug the speaker cable into the 4 ohm output jack, I found the 8 ohm jack was missing it's Chrome Ferrule Ground Nut of the jack. I fetched one of my Cliff Chrome Ferrules, and found it both too short, and it wouldn't thread in. Huh? I unscrewed one of the 4 ohm Ferrules, and discovered it's totally different. Longer threaded shaft, Fine Pitch, totally different than that of the Cliff jacks, as well as the recent Neutrik NMJ4HC-S jacks with their longer 7mm shaft, finer thread than Cliff, but much coarser pitch than the jacks Orange is using.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Chrome Ferrule-1.jpg
Views:	312
Size:	1.02 MB
ID:	966705 Click image for larger version

Name:	AD200 Mk 3 spkr jacks-1.jpg
Views:	305
Size:	1.53 MB
ID:	966707

I haven't been able to find a source for this threaded insert, and....I feel stupid to say this is the first time I've discovered this is NOT a Cliff jack. No idea whose jack it is, let alone where I can acquire that Chrome 11mm Hex Ferrule with it's 9mm fine threaded insert to mate with the PCB Jacks.

Anyone have a clue/source?
    Attached Files
    Logic is an organized way of going wrong with confidence

Might be a Neutrik type:
    https://www.neutrik.com/en/neutrik/p...jacks/m-series
    - Own Opinions Only -

Comment

I'm not sure. Maybe they are Rean? Here's a datasheet link if you wanna check.

https://cdnimages.opentip.com/Docs/C...tion_sheet.pdf
      "I took a photo of my ohm meter... It didn't help." Enzo 8/20/22

Comment

In any case, be looking to replace the whole jack rather than wasting time trying to find the exact ferrule
        Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Rean (now) belongs to Neutrik, but the product range might be different.
          - Own Opinions Only -

Comment

Originally posted by The Dude View Post
            I'm not sure. Maybe they are Rean? Here's a datasheet link if you wanna check.

https://cdnimages.opentip.com/Docs/C...tion_sheet.pdf
            Good call, Dude! THAT's the threaded Ferrule / Part Orange is using. I was guessing around 1mm pitch from a loose sizing with my calipers. Now, to see who I can buy these from. I suspect, as Enzo suggested, having to buy the whole jack. No way I'm going to install a new jack to just replace a missing Ferrule. That's removing the main PCB from an Orange AD200. Life is too short.

Now, onward with the search. Thanks!!

Comment

Well, you can buy the whole jacks and just use the ferrules. Save the jacks for another repair.

Comment

Originally posted by The Dude View Post
                Well, you can buy the whole jacks and just use the ferrules. Save the jacks for another repair.
                I found these at Markertek, price was $0.88 ea, so bought 10 pcs. Hopefully it arrives looking just like the drawing and not a revision to different thread detail. $18 w/shpg, so not yet knowing how many more Orange amps in our inventory are missing this Chrome Ferrule and it's special shaped shoulder washer.

That was far less painless than I expected. Love this website!!

Comment

Originally posted by Helmholtz View Post
                  Rean (now) belongs to Neutrik, but the product range might be different.
                  Yes, Neutrik owns Rean. It's my understanding that the product lines are slightly different. IMO, Rean is to Neutrik as Epiphone is to Gibson. It's a lesser quality part, but still very good and lower cost.

Comment

Is this mainly an Orange thing? - nearly every one of the newer amps I've had for repair has these missing.

Comment

Lots to choose from.

Check the thread size!!!

Use the ferrule and keep the rest for spares.
                      https://uk.rs-online.com/web/c/conne...974,4294705869

Support for Fender, Laney, Marshall, Mesa, VOX and many more. https://jonsnell.co.uk
                      If you can't fix it, I probably can.

Comment

Originally posted by Mick Bailey View Post
                        Is this mainly an Orange thing? - nearly every one of the newer amps I've had for repair has these missing.
                        This is the first time I've found the Rean Ferrule missing, though now I'm having our staff check the rest of the Orange amps for missing Ferrules. The Cliff Ferrule insert can be purchased individually thru AmpParts (Studio Sound Electronics), at the usual over-priced rate, plus shpg charges. The Cliff part is coarse thread, and not very long (5mm threaded shank behind the hex nut face), though usually fit snug into the jack body when new, but if not fully tightened, or just get loose from the repeated plug insertions, they go missing. We don't have this problem with the traditional Switchcraft jack hardware (3/8-32 nut thread), very common.

Comment

I just received the Rean NYS215 TRS PCB jacks I bought from Markertek. Definitely the part, it having the unique M9 x 0.75mm pitch Chrome Ground Ferrule (11mm Hex nut face).

Rean NYS215 TRS Jack & Chrome Ferrule.pdf

So, that's a roundabout way to get the replacement Ferrule to restore any of the Orange Phone Jacks to work again if they're missing that part. Their jacks are Gold Plate, T/S whereas this part I ordered is TRS. One more trivial task solved in keeping the fleet of amps working.

Comment

Working...
                          X