Super Reverb pr469 2000 era no reverb

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by g1 View Post
    You disconnected reverb drive transformer and put 15VAC into it's primary? Did you check the output of it while driving the tank? Should have been around 285mV there (TP20) with tank connected.

Try Enzo's trick of connecting reverb send to 8 ohm speaker instead of reverb tank. Should be able to hear a clear signal.
    i get signal at the reverb input jack into a speaker and through the RCA cable up to the transducer. haven't had a whole lot of time today. Tomorrow I'll disconnect the reverb drive put 15vac into the primary with the reverb pan hooked up and a speaker on the return.
    Thanks,
    guys,
    nosaj
    soldering stuff that's broken, breaking stuff that works, Yeah!

Comment

Originally posted by nosaj View Post

i get signal at the reverb input jack into a speaker and through the RCA cable up to the transducer. haven't had a whole lot of time today. Tomorrow I'll disconnect the reverb drive put 15vac into the primary with the reverb pan hooked up and a speaker on the return.
      Thanks,
      guys,
      nosaj
      I'm not quite sure I understand but the reverb drive transformer should run a non-powered speaker (8 ohm). You can't put a speaker on the return but you could run a powered-speaker/signal tracer from the tank output.
      Originally posted by Enzo
      I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

In the interim there was a black cable on the output side of tank that came loose from the crimp so i removed it and realized my visions sucks i can recrimp it so i tack solder it

Ok no power to amplifier.
        Disconnect reverb transformer input (red Blue wires)
        Input 15Vac sine wave into red/blue wires
        measure 250Mv at Reverb input
        Measure 2.5 Mv at Reverb output
        I can hear it on my scope setup that has a CH1 ourtput to an amplifier. Not loud but it is there.
        I'm exhausted so I'm gonna quit before i get shocked or something. Will put everything back together tomorrow and follow up.
        thanks all
        nosaj

Comment

We be jammin. black cable on reverb output transducer
          nosaj
          Thank you thank you thank guys

Comment

Working...
          X