5150 output transformer needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5150 output transformer needed

Today I picked up a Peavey 5150 212 Combo with a shorted OT. I'll call Peavey tomorrow to try to get a replacement, but thought I'd ask here if anyone has one to sell.
    --
    I build and repair guitar amps
    http://amps.monkeymatic.com

Mercury Magnetics has one (for the combo model) for $250. Ouch !!
    It's not just an amp, it's an adventure!

Comment

Originally posted by TomCarlos View Post
      Mercury Magnetics has one (for the combo model) for $250. Ouch !!
      You know, I never ONCE have been tempted to buy Mercury iron. Go figure.
      --

Comment

Is there a Peavey part number on the transformer?
        "I took a photo of my ohm meter... It didn't help." Enzo 8/20/22

Comment

From Tube Amp Doctor, they show the following for the part number: Original #705-00045 and 305-00045
          It's not just an amp, it's an adventure!

Comment

The OT part number is 705-00207 (stamped on end bell) and matches number on schematic, attached:

5150 Combo.pdf
            Attached Files
            --

Comment

Obviously, the easiest solution would be a direct replacement from Peavey. If that doesn't work out, I wouldn't spend the kind of money that MM wants for an OT. I'd just look for something close from Hammond or the like. There are also vendors that still have some of the Classictone units in stock.
              "I took a photo of my ohm meter... It didn't help." Enzo 8/20/22

Comment

I received an email from Peavey today saying the transformer is available for $66.50.

That part is no longer available, but you can replace it with part# 30500174.
                Good news! Now, if only they'd get back to me for payment...
                --

Comment

Originally posted by xtian View Post
                  I received an email from Peavey today saying the transformer is available for $66.50. Good news! Now, if only they'd get back to me for payment...
                  June last year when I inquired at Peavey about a PT for another amp, yes I got an email reply in jig time. BUT policy is you have to order & pay by phone, and the phone never gets answered. iirc Enzo copied a letter from the sole remaining employee who apparently has to do everything from mow the lawn to email & on some rare occasions pack & ship orders.

I'll check my transformer collection - one of these OT's 705-00045 lurking there NOS if you find no joy entering your order. Meanwhile, patientez, the lawn's always growing out of control in tropical Meridien Mississippi. First things first.

Click image for larger version  Name:	stonehenge lawn.jpg Views:	0 Size:	89.2 KB ID:	969349
                  Last edited by Leo_Gnardo; 09-23-2022, 07:42 PM.
                  This isn't the future I signed up for.

Comment

Tucked away on my shelves is a dead Fender The Twin. I had already scavanged it's Power Xfmr to replace the one that failed in our rental inventory, but the Output Xfmr is still present in this unit. I don't recall it's mounting format nor that of the Peavey 5150, but you're welcome to this.....just cover shipping cost.

$66.50 from Peavey for the OT sounds decent, and at least THAT is form-fit-function.
                    Logic is an organized way of going wrong with confidence

Comment

Thanks all! I made a last ditch effort to phone, minutes before closing time, and after 10 rings Chris picked up and took my order! Yea! Thanks, Chris!
                      --

Comment

Originally posted by xtian View Post
                        Thanks all! I made a last ditch effort to phone, minutes before closing time, and after 10 rings Chris picked up and took my order! Yea! Thanks, Chris!
                        Lucky he hadn't beat feet to the local watering hole by then. Good for you! Now we know when to call...
                        This isn't the future I signed up for.

Comment

Originally posted by nevetslab View Post
                          Tucked away on my shelves is a dead Fender The Twin. I had already scavanged it's Power Xfmr to replace the one that failed in our rental inventory, but the Output Xfmr is still present in this unit. I don't recall it's mounting format nor that of the Peavey 5150, but you're welcome to this.....just cover shipping cost.

$66.50 from Peavey for the OT sounds decent, and at least THAT is form-fit-function.
                          You too huuh. I scrapped a chassis on one now i have 2 door stops or I can practice a hammer throw.

nosaj
                          soldering stuff that's broken, breaking stuff that works, Yeah!

Comment

Working...
                          X