Peavey 400BH MK IV Transormer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Peavey 400BH MK IV Transormer

The primaries on the transformer of my bandmate's MK IV head opened up. Does anyone know of an equivalent transformer for this right off hand? The part# is 705-18715.

Here's the schematic.
    Attached Files

Comment

Shoot..... I have a 705-18714 transformer. But it only puts out plus and minus 42 volts dc on the high rail. So it will fit and work, but you will not get full power on your amp.

The 705-18715 can also be found in the Peavey Xr600b, Xr600c, and Xr680c mixer amps. Maybe you can find one of those as a salvage amp and take the transformer. It's the same transformer (thank you Peavey). I see these things used for $50 now and then, because guys break off the knobs and pot shafts! If all else fails, I put "Wanted" ads on Craigslist, in the same section as the For Sale. I tell guys what I am looking and for and in most cases, I will get a call back.

Good luck in your search !!
      Last edited by TomCarlos; 09-24-2022, 02:43 AM.

Comment

See my prior post. There is an XR-600c on ebay, parts only, $20 plus $35 shipping. Buy it for the transformer! I wrote to the seller, waiting to hear if the power lamp comes on. That might solve you problem!

Comment

Thanks for the info and apologies for the late reply! Good deal, I’m always perusing used stuff so I’ll keep that in mind!

Comment

Working...
          X