Magnatone MP-3 Reverb Tank?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So the original tank doesn't work?

At least input DCR was "readable" after a while.
    - Own Opinions Only -

Comment

Yes, sorry for any confusion. The original tank that came with the unit, which I am trying to source a replacement for, is damaged beyond repair. I mistyped when I said no readable resistances. The input was fine and was at 1.8 ohms. The output is damaged beyond repair as the tranducer is in multiple pieces! Since it worked with a vintage pull from a fender, I will likely end up buying a modern fender-spec tank. Good info on the grounded jack though, since sourcing an affordable tank with a grounded input jack seems a little tricky, I will likely buy one with an isolated input and modify accordingly!

Comment

Originally posted by twilightofthedogs View Post
        Good info on the grounded jack though, since sourcing an affordable tank with a grounded input jack seems a little tricky, I will likely buy one with an isolated input and modify accordingly!
        If you get the 'MOD' branded tank, the grounds are configurable at each end. You just add or remove a solder bridge on little circuit boards at connectors.

Originally posted by Enzo
        I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

Working...
        X