Melody Model Amp 72R

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Melody Model Amp 72R

Maybe mid ‘60’s Japanese…pt has “Teisco” written on it. Any help with schematic and/or info about this amp would be appreciated...power tubes are 7 pin and branded NEC (only info I could discern)…2 8” alnico speakers. Hum and hissing noise. Tremolo works, reverb doesn’t. 4 12AX7 pre amp tubes tested “good”

There isn't a whole lot of info out there on Melody (Teisco) amps. This site (http://www.larryjohnmcnally.com/Teisco/) says the 72R is similar to the 72C but with reverb, but doesn't mention 12AX7 for either. I would guess the power tubes are 6AQ5 or 6AR5.

Comment

It might be a Teisco 71r? I found a hand scratched schematic for the Teisco 71R. But it shows that V2 and V4 are 12au7 tubes. The output uses two 6AQ5 tubes. So maybe someone swapped tubes in your amp?

Can you give us a photo of the controls and chassis?
      It's not just an amp, it's an adventure!

Comment

Originally posted by TomCarlos View Post
        It might be a Teisco 71r? I found a hand scratched schematic for the Teisco 71R. But it shows that V2 and V4 are 12au7 tubes. The output uses two 6AQ5 tubes. So maybe someone swapped tubes in your amp?

Can you give us a photo of the controls and chassis?
        Interesting. With the PP output tubes and two speakers I would have thought that was a 72 based on the info from the larryjohnmcnally page I linked to above.

Comment

Working...
        X