Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Champ 25 Power Transformer 039043 Champ 25SE T2 Specs ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Champ 25 Power Transformer 039043 Champ 25SE T2 Specs ?

Hello

Wondering if anyone happens to know the specs for the Champ 25 Power Transformer 039043 Champ 25SE T2 ?
    Or more to the point if the power supply would handle one, two, or three more 12ax7 tubes type thing.
    I might be able to get one that needs TLC I was thinking about gutting it and doing an all tube diy build in it, if the power supply can handle some extra 12ax7's that is.

Thanks...

The mains fuse in the amp is 1A. Each 12AX7 filament will draw 300ma in parallel filament configuration. I doubt the transformer would survive much extra current draw.
    "I took a photo of my ohm meter... It didn't help." Enzo 8/20/22

Comment

Originally posted by The Dude View Post
      The mains fuse in the amp is 1A. Each 12AX7 filament will draw 300ma in parallel filament configuration. I doubt the transformer would survive much extra current draw.
      I agree that increased heater current is likely to be a problem for the heater winding.
      But I don't understand your point with the mains fuse, as each extra 12AX7 will increase mains current by less than 20mA.
      - Own Opinions Only -

Comment

I think they would have designed in at least enough leeway to add one. For more than that I would go with an aux. heater transformer, if there is space for one.
        Originally posted by Enzo
        I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

Yes. Agreed. The point about the mains fuse was that it could be an indication of transformer size. In other words, most amps with say 4 or 5 12AX7's and a pair of 6L6's are fused higher than one amp, PROBABLY indicating a larger PT. For clarity: I was NOT saying that 300mA filament draw would increase mains current by the same. My assessment wasn't a scientific assessment- more of a guess based on the practical.
          "I took a photo of my ohm meter... It didn't help." Enzo 8/20/22

Comment

Originally posted by The Dude View Post
            Yes. Agreed. The point about the mains fuse was that it could be an indication of transformer size. In other words, most amps with say 4 or 5 12AX7's and a pair of 6L6's are fused higher than one amp, PROBABLY indicating a larger PT. For clarity: I was NOT saying that 300mA filament draw would increase mains current by the same. My assessment wasn't a scientific assessment- more of a guess based on the practical.
            I didn't even think about taking a look at the schematic. I suppose they might only use a fuse rated for that specific amp, even if the PT could handle more, however I just passed on the amp. Thanks for the inputs though. It's appreciated.

Comment

Working...
            X