P65 warnings.ca.gov tag found on Fender Super Bassman amp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• P65 warnings.ca.gov tag found on Fender Super Bassman amp

One of the Fender Super Bassman amps just came over to my shop from our rental inventory. I noticed a white tag attached to the right handle of the cabinet and took a look. It stated:

California Proposition65 Warning:
    WARNING: Cancer and Reproductive Harm
    www.P65warnings.ca.gov

HUH??? Is using this amp and standing near it going to give me Cancer???

No idea if this is something now required to be attached to all new amps when being shipped. Seems to be related to the use of some chemicals used on components within, perhaps in cleaning PCB's or cabinet, etc during production. First time I've ever seen such a label on a Bass or Guitar amp.

Click image for larger version

Name:	P65Warning tag-1.jpg
Views:	341
Size:	1.16 MB
ID:	974392 Click image for larger version

Name:	P65Warning tag-2.jpg
Views:	349
Size:	1.49 MB
ID:	974394

That's a new one on me.
    Attached Files
    Logic is an organized way of going wrong with confidence

Because it uses plastic in the mouldings. Plastic can sometimes contain "hazardous" materials.
    Saves them from getting sued.
    Support for Fender, Laney, Marshall, Mesa, VOX and many more. https://jonsnell.co.uk
    If you can't fix it, I probably can.

Comment

That's ridiculous.
      A warning that doesn't advise how to minimize/avoid the risk is useless.
      You should inquire at Fender.
      - Own Opinions Only -

Comment

Is it built with lead free solder? Maybe solder is the issue?
        "I took a photo of my ohm meter... It didn't help." Enzo 8/20/22

Comment

I think the issue is California they need a label for everything dangerous.
          nosaj
          soldering stuff that's broken, breaking stuff that works, Yeah!

Comment

That's a lot of labels!

Comment

Originally posted by nosaj View Post
              I think the issue is California they need a label for everything dangerous.
              nosaj
              Ok, but why not specify/identify the potential danger?

How avoid an unknown danger?
              Leaves the user clueless.
              I think it's up to Fender to clarify.
              - Own Opinions Only -

Comment

Because in California everything is dangerous. The state is overly zelous in telling everyone product may contain items that can cause cancer.
                nosaj
                soldering stuff that's broken, breaking stuff that works, Yeah!

Comment

Not for nothin' Nevets . . . a lot of those new Fender amps give me a rash.
                  This isn't the future I signed up for.

Comment

From Fender knowledgebase:
                    "
                    • California’s Proposition 65 entitles California consumers to special warnings for products that contain ingredients known to the state of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm if those products expose consumers to such chemicals above certain threshold levels.
                    • These chemicals may be of no significant risk to you, but we care about consumer safety and place this warning on products and on our website to help our California customers make informed purchasing decisions.
                    • A California Proposition 65 warning label does not mean the product is in violation of any product-safety standards or requirements.
                    • For complete information, please visit the California’s Proposition 65 information site located at www.P65Warnings.ca.gov.​
                    "
                    https://support.fender.com/en-us/kno...ticle/KA-02008
                    Originally posted by Enzo
                    I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

And more of an explanation here:
                      https://ortegaguitars.com/en/proposition-65
                      I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

The California legislature wastes all this time enforcing that little tags or stickers are on pieces of plastic. For the love of kids playing with mercury why? In all seriousness there are just too many lawyers in Californiacopia
                        When the going gets weird... The weird turn pro!

Comment

...Click image for larger version

Name:	P65Warning-tag-1.jpg
Views:	274
Size:	138.3 KB
ID:	974437

Comment

The warning is incomplete. Somewhere else there must be the "Do Not Eat" warning. Are you sure it's not on the other side of the pictured tag?

It actually does appear to be a joke tag because of the message to Johnny.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Phillips View Post
                              The warning is incomplete. Somewhere else there must be the "Do Not Eat" warning. Are you sure it's not on the other side of the pictured tag?

It actually does appear to be a joke tag because of the message to Johnny.
                              That is a photoshopped 'joke' version, not the same as the one in the first post.

Comment

Working...
                              X