No announcement yet.

Fender Frontman 65R - distorsion on clean canal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you were running any power to a load without the heatsink & bar fully mounted to chassis, it will overheat.
    Originally posted by Enzo
    I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

yes it will... If somebody can advice me a parts reseller in Europe who sell those output stage transistors. I checked https://www.retroamplis.com/, and some ebay stores like nikko electronics.
      But it's quiet expensive.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.Migoo View Post
        parts reseller in Europe who sell those output stage transistors. I checked https://www.retroamplis.com/, and some ebay stores like nikko electronics.
        But it's quiet expensive.
        What is expensive, the shipping? The part price at retroamplis is not bad. (MJW21192)
        You can also use 93 and 94 instead of 91 and 92

I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

Firstly, did you check the transistors? Are they bad, or are we just assuming they are? Secondly, you may want to update the location in your profile so that we know where you are. It makes it much easier to recommend parts sources.
          "I took a photo of my ohm meter... It didn't help." Enzo 8/20/22

Comment

I updated my french location. the prices at retroamplis are ok but they don't have all the parts. So you pay 20€ (with shipping) for 2 transistors. And you need to repay shipping for two others...
            Maybe there are other resellers.
            MJW21192/91 are bad (E-C short circuit). Not better to replace drivers too?
            The two volume potentiometers need to be replaced too.
            15A50k for clean channel and B100k for drive volume. (The schema shows a 15A50K for R33 drive volume but it was a B100k mounted).

Comment

Yes, you might as well replace the drivers too. The pots will be difficult, they are discontinued. I think you will have to use a different type, and probably different knobs to fit them.

Comment

Working...
              X