Traynor TS-25 Input stage wiring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Traynor TS-25 Input stage wiring

Working on a TS-25. Something weird going on with the input wiring. Boost doesn't work, Normal channel input seem unaffected by gain control (and is kind of middle volume). Can't find a schematic that really matches up with this, and don't know if this has been messed with. Mine seems to be somewhere in between these two different schematics. The boost seems to be single pole switch through the 150nF capacitor like in the input1 pic, but the nput jacks are like input2 pic, with only the normal channel input using a bypass switchjack that does..something?

It doesn't help that I'm 1000 miles away from my tools and equipment and basically have a woodburning iron that I can use to solder and that is it. May have to bite the bullet and buy a DMM local.

Anyone have a better schematic or layout or anything?

TIA,
    Greg

input1
    Click image for larger version  Name:	TS25input1.jpg Views:	4 Size:	84.5 KB ID:	979845

input2

Click image for larger version

Name:	TSinput2.jpg
Views:	206
Size:	55.1 KB
ID:	979847

TIA

Does it have that transistor shown below the IC?
    Or maybe something more like the TS50? (see attached)
    Attached Files
    Originally posted by Enzo
    I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

Originally posted by g1 View Post
      Good question, I will take a look. Have I mentioned that I hate tracing hand-drawn PCBs with component values that may or may not match a schematic?

Comment

Originally posted by g1 View Post
        I do believe that schematic works. The one cap value is different, but otherwise seems right. After figuring that out I observed that the bypass contacts on the Normal channel input jack didn't seem to be breaking contact the way they should. I jammed a guitar pick in there to keep that open and now it seems like the normal channel input and the boost switch is working, so maybe just a bad jack (?).

Thanks for the info g1, I really appreciate it!

Comment

The real problem was the normally open bypass contact not making contact more than the NC contact not breaking. Little squeezing with a pair of pliers and it is working for now. Holy crap is this amp loud when the gain is full out.

Comment

Working...
          X