Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Peavey Classic VTX - No sound output - stumped!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Peavey Classic VTX - No sound output - stumped!

Hi all,

Hope to get some insight from some of the pros on this forum. I recently recapped my Peavey Classic VTX and unfortunately there is no output any longer. I have looked over everything and measured voltages but can't seem to find out what is going on. I have attached the schematic to this post, but would love to get some input. I believe I have isolated the issue to the input section, as the power amp section seems to be functioning.

Thanks,
    -Brian
    Attached Files

So power amp sounds OK when you plug into the PWR AMP IN jack? When you check voltages do you get noise pops to the speakers if you put a probe on op amp input pins? When you turn the POST knob do you get any change in noise to the speakers? The switching on this amp is (to me) a little confusing. Wondering if something in that part of it went sideways.

Comment

Actually I just noticed that I'm not hearing anything when I plug in to the Power Amp input, nor if I plug a preamp out to another amp. I also do not hear any noise when I adjust the post knob.

Comment

OKAY WOW. I just realized a ribbon cable was in the wrong position. I had marked it and everything but it must have been an oversight. Apologies for the false alarm and thanks for your input!!

Comment

Glad to hear it was a relatively easy fix.

Comment

Working...
          X