Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crate TD35 new transformer

Hello all
    I have crate TD35 with a blown tx. advised customer and he wants to get it repaired !!!
    so I need to get a replacement. I can get it rewound or get my transformer maker to make a new one from scratch, that is the cheaper option . i only have the schematic for TD70
    My transformer guy wants the spec
    looking at the schematic what the current draw on the LT rail ?
    many thanks again
    Mr A
    crate_td-70_schematic.pdf

TD35 Schematics attached, but they will not give you a precise current number.
    Crate TD-35 Schematics.pdf

Comment

The low tension voltage (I think that’s what you mean saying LT) is a division of the main B+ voltage so there is a shared value. Most of these types of amps I remember seeing 3-5A fuses for where they have a simple power transformer. So on this one it is a 3A slow blow fuse so that tells us something. Also each additional secondary winding is fused and it allows to estimate those values too. I mean easy enough to power up one tube with 300v and a small 6.3v filament. On the amp it might even tell you total power wattage consumption. I would guess the -/+V would be around 60vdc, so basically -/+30 volts. I am thinking that winding should be rated for 5A but that’s just a guess.

edit: about 42vct rectified will get you 60vdc.
      Last edited by DrGonz78; 04-14-2023, 11:03 PM.
      When the going gets weird... The weird turn pro!

Comment

Schematic says +/-22V.
        I'd expect the AC current of the corresponding winding to be around 2.5Arms at 35W output.

But I don't understand why the transformer maker needs this number.
        The current is only needed to determine the wire gauge.
        Wire gauge can be easily measured from the original PT.
        Last edited by Helmholtz; 04-15-2023, 12:55 PM.
        - Own Opinions Only -

Comment

thanks all, i got a rough price for the rewind and making a new one , sadly customer changed his mind on the repair
          oh well

Comment

Working...
          X