Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fan Male Connector for Ampeg SVT-CL Chassis---HELP!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fan Male Connector for Ampeg SVT-CL Chassis---HELP!

I have one of our Rental Ampeg SVT-CL amps here in the shop. It's 90mm dia AC Fan has come apart, blade assembly no longer holding together. AND, the Male Fan connector housing into which the Male Crimp pins fit is missing. I've NO IDEA what the product series is on these white plastic molded Fan connector parts are. Look like Molex, could be AMP or someone else.

Click image for larger version  Name:	AC Fan Chassis Conn-1.jpg Views:	0 Size:	1.24 MB ID:	982105 Click image for larger version  Name:	AC Fan Chassis Conn-4.jpg Views:	0 Size:	1.93 MB ID:	982107 Click image for larger version  Name:	AC Fan-2.jpg Views:	0 Size:	1.70 MB ID:	982109

The opening in the chassis for this Female 120VAC Fan Connector is roughly 0.50" x 0.275". The Female Body width is roughly 0.20". Length of that body from blunt end to the tip of the shaped end is roughly 0.340" The pitch of the Female connectors is roughly 0.125". The dia of the Male pins is roughly 0.060" dia. Those fit into a mating 2-pin housing into which the male pins lock with their barb flaps. That connector housing is, regrettably.... MISSING! The fan obviously has to be replaced. This is recent production, so I'm thrilled to see this level of failure on such a recently purchased product!

Thanks.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by nevetslab; 05-08-2023, 11:35 PM.
    Logic is an organized way of going wrong with confidence

Try this one
    https://www.amazon.com/Molex-Connect...3589050&sr=8-3

nosaj
    soldering stuff that's broken, breaking stuff that works, Yeah!

Comment

Originally posted by nosaj View Post
      Similar product, but these are 0.093" instead of the 0.062". I'm now searching Ebay and think I've found one auction showing what I'm looking for. Thanks!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/35225285879...Bk9SR_TD7dz_YQ

Comment

Well if all else fails replace both sides. The kit has everything you need.
        nosaj
        soldering stuff that's broken, breaking stuff that works, Yeah!

Comment

Doesn't Yamaha own Ampeg now? Have you contacted them? Curious on their tech support or lack thereof.

Comment

Originally posted by glebert View Post
            Doesn't Yamaha own Ampeg now? Have you contacted them? Curious on their tech support or lack thereof.
            I haven't yet contacted Yamaha regarding these connectors. I did finish looking thru ebay for other auctions for this Molex 1189 series connectors, and settled for the one I had listed previously. The male and female pins that the seller showed inserted are opposite that of how they're installed in the Ampeg chassis. Hopefully the terminals are NOT inserted, though if so, I do have the removal tool to get past that.

Onward to the fan order.

Comment

not to go off topic, but hwhat is this??

Click image for larger version

Name:	AC Fan Chassis Conn-1.jpg
Views:	145
Size:	1.40 MB
ID:	982192

I like!!

(the plastic tubing blows when you have to remove the chassis and service the amp)
              If I have a 50% chance of guessing the right answer, I guess wrong 80% of the time.

Comment

YUP! Tech Flex. I remove the thick 'garden hose' sleeving they use in place of Tech Flex, so you can position the Preamp next to the power amp chassis, standing up on end for using the chassis' as a test bed for measuring the cathode current of the power tubes when I'm screening/checking them to then group the three upper/lower tubes for best current match.

Comment

Working...
                X