Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Odd Sized Capacitors Peavey Triumph 60

Hi good humans.

New contributor here and I'm very amateur, so I apologize in advance if my questions reflect my inexperience.

I own 2 Peavey Triumph 60s and 1 Peavey Triumph 120. I enjoy the stupid amount of gain.
    One of them has some nasty, blown out capacitors. I figured I'd buy enough parts to replace the larger capacitors on all the amps.
    I'm able to find capacitors for the power amp circuit without trouble, and the axial capacitors on the preamp circuit are available too.

I can't seem to find the radial caps on the preamp board. They are shorter than the typical capacitors of their specs. They need to be short in order to fit when the board is reassembled.

The caps are 16V, 4700 uF and are 25mm in diameter and 20 mm in height.
    The marking says T.I. 16V 4700uF on one side and says 16k on the other side.

Would you good folks have any suggestions where to find the same sized capacitors? I can find snap-in capacitors with a similar form factor, and I'm considering soldering leads to those, but I'd rather not.

Also, I don't have a good understanding of capacitor choice. I'm sure there is a range of quality, but I don't have the experience to know good from bad, so any suggestions are welcome.

Thanks.

Check out an electronics distributor like Mouser, Digikey, Farnell or RS with parametric search options and you should have no problems finding caps with those dimensions.
    Here's results for Mouser.

Comment

This ones likely a good choice https://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail...MWyfAiDA%3D%3D
      An excellent Japanese brand... Tube amps are hot so the 105C caps are better than typical 85C rated. And 3000h hour lifespan (or more) means you wont need to replace it soon. Good luck!

Comment

I'm not understanding why you would need to solder leads to the snap-in type, is the lead spacing different?
        Originally posted by Enzo
        I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

I usually don't worry about cap size unless its a crowded space or a clearance issue.
          nosaj
          soldering stuff that's broken, breaking stuff that works, Yeah!

Comment

Thanks all. I'll try tedmich's suggestion.

Comment

Working...
            X