Fender deluxe 90. Bassy notes issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fender deluxe 90. Bassy notes issue

I brought a fender deluxe 90 about 4 months ago, I was under the intention it was in working condition over than a broken tone pot which I didn't mind (easily fixed) however when I plugged it in and found on even clean tones, low notes especially, it makes a crackly and distorted sound no matter what the gain or volumes at.

I'd do a demo but I've got it taken apart now, if anyone has any experience with combo amp repairs I'd love to hear your input.

Do the pots sound scratchy when you turn them?
    Try the amp with a patch cord connecting pre-out to pwr.amp-in jacks. Any help?
    If not either of those, these amps were prone to solder joints cracking from heat, vibration, and age, mostly at power supply area, pots, and jacks.
    Originally posted by Enzo
    I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

Also, check for any speaker problem (such as a rubbing voice coil or split in the cone) by running the amp into a different speaker.

Comment

Agree with the above. Also, filter caps that are starting to go bad can cause low end farting. Try clipping a known good cap across each filter (one at a time) to see if that is the cause of the problem.
        "I took a photo of my ohm meter... It didn't help." Enzo 8/20/22

Comment

Working...
        X