Current production Ampeg SVT-CL's and -AV's fan failures

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Current production Ampeg SVT-CL's and -AV's fan failures

I just had a second new Ampeg SVT-CL show up with a broken 80mm Cooling Fan. When I powered the amp up, everything sounded normal. Switched out of Standby, and wasn't hearing the complaint regarding odd noise from the fan when Not on, but normal with it on. Had no idea what that meant until I turned the amp off, then heard a lot of racket coming from the fan panel. I pried out the front Fan Grille, and the fan blad assembly just fell right out of the fan frame.

This is the second failure the same way I've had here on the new SVT-CL's from Ampeg. They have a large Black stick-on label over the factory label from the fan maker. The fan that failed is a Sunon Model SF11580HSL.GN 115V/50/60z 12/14W 2300/2750RPM

I ordered another NMB Fan 80mm x 38.5mm deep, NMB 3115PS-12W-B30-A00 for $15.89 + tax/shpg thru Digi-Key.

Odd that these Sunon fans are failing like this so soon on new production.
    Logic is an organized way of going wrong with confidence

I had bought a supposed Sunon fan for a laptop a while back that Sunon verified was counterfeit.
    I think Yamaha is a big enough company that this should not happen to them, but who knows..
    Originally posted by Enzo
    I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

I guess this is what we all can expect. I did find it odd that Ampeg would place a large black adhesive-backed decal over the Sunon Mfgr's label. Though I think they've been doing that for years, not seeing a mfgr label on those cooling fans. First time I can remember them up and failing in this fashion.
      Logic is an organized way of going wrong with confidence

Comment

Working...
      X