Fender super reverb cap question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fender super reverb cap question

First question, why are the filter supply caps so small, .1uf?

Also the owner had filter caps replaced, with mojotone vitamin T non polarized. Called mojotone and they said they don't recommend these for amp filter supply as they were meant for guitar tone control. Thoughts plz

???????????????
    What are you talking about?
    Leo didn't use 0.1µ supply filter caps.
    - Own Opinions Only -

Comment

Filter cap?
      Which filter capacitor?
      Can you pin point it on your schematic and copy it to us?
      The smallest supply filter in the AA763 is 20uF, PR469 is 22uF and AB568 is 20uF.
      Support for Fender, Laney, Marshall, Mesa, VOX and many more. https://jonsnell.co.uk
      If you can't fix it, I probably can.

Comment

Pictures would help. I think what you are calling 'filter caps' are some other caps.
        Originally posted by Enzo
        I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

My bet is that you forgot to look in the doghouse.
          "I took a photo of my ohm meter... It didn't help." Enzo 8/20/22

Comment

Someone installed 3 of these caps in the doghouse. Replaced with F&T. Amp makes sound now. Couple of other issues but on the right track. Thanks for the responses!

Comment

Originally posted by JMMP View Post
              Someone installed 3 of these caps in the doghouse. Replaced with F&T. Amp makes sound now. Couple of other issues but on the right track. Thanks for the responses!
              Wow. Any other work that person did is highly suspect.
              Maybe someone told them to install those across the existing filter caps (sometimes done in hifi amps) and they misunderstood and removed the electrolytics.
              Originally posted by Enzo
              I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

Working...
              X