Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blackstar Studio 10 EL34 - low output

Hi All,

I have a Blackstar Studio 10 EL34 on my bench here with very low output volume.

Voltages in the Preamp all seem out of whack - measured voltages as follow (expected values per test point in brackets)
    Power amp voltages seem OK.

TP2 +15v
    TP3 -15v
    TP4 +428v (435v) - HT Ref
    TP5 +398v (390v) - HT2
    TP6 +347v (290v) - HT3
    TP7 +336v (275v) - HT4
    TP8 +42v
    TP9 +12.8v (+12.6)
    TP10 +250v (200v)
    TP11 +300v (300v)

Any suggestions on where i should start looking?

Cheers,

Jeremy​
    Attached Files

That schematic is for the Artisan 10, are you sure the schematic and voltages should be the same as the Studio 10?
    Originally posted by Enzo
    I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

Originally posted by g1 View Post
      That schematic is for the Artisan 10, are you sure the schematic and voltages should be the same as the Studio 10?
      Yeah, although the amp is called the Studio 10 - the PCB is labelled Artisan 10, and the Part Designations and test point labels match the schematic.

Comment

After some more investigation, the Preamp appears to be working fine and we suspect a fault with the OT

Comment

A shorted turn in the OT won't show up on a resistance check, but If you have a ring tester, that's ideal. If not use the 'neon trick'.

Comment

I can't find the output section in the schematics.

If you have a scope I would feed a signal to power amp in and scope the output (with dummy load).
            - Own Opinions Only -

Comment

Working...
            X