Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marshall Mg10 Amp 24w with issue

Hello everyone,
    I recently picked up a free guitar amp.The problem with it was that the guitar cable tip was broken off and was stuck in the port.I removed the stuck piece with the cotton swab and glue trick succesfully.But whem i testes the amp it made wierd crqckling noises when i play and notes or when i bump the amp on its sides or top.I opened the back panel to look for fried components but i could not tell.Then i tried unconnectimg the knobs pcb cable as shown in the picture and i eas able to use the 3.5 connecter to get sound out of it without any crackling or other wierd noises.So basicly i can use the amp as a speaker right now.My question is ; what could be the problem?can i fix it my self at home? Thank you in advance.​ Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6365.jpg
Views:	117
Size:	696.3 KB
ID:	991236

Possibly the input jack was damaged when the tip broke or during attempted removal before you got it. The input jack may need to be resoldered or replaced.
    Originally posted by Enzo
    I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

Working...
    X