When to change tubes on mesa boogies?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi rabies, welcome to the forum.

OK, we get it, you don;t like Mesa. Can we get past inserting that thought over and over in any thread you can? Especially tacking it on the end of a thread that has been dead for two and a half months.

We'd be more interested in other technical insights you have to share.
    Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Originally posted by Enzo View Post
      Hi rabies, welcome to the forum.

OK, we get it, you don;t like Mesa. Can we get past inserting that thought over and over in any thread you can? Especially tacking it on the end of a thread that has been dead for two and a half months.

We'd be more interested in other technical insights you have to share.
      I'm a senior member here: http://forum.grailtone.com

I tend to Mesa-bash a lot there but I still think they have some great amps: Mark IV, Stiletto, Lonestar.

In fact, I think their simul-class technology is fantastic (even though you can't use 4xEL34, but check out FNM angel dust for example tones) and I've suggested tri-class technology as well on the boogie board.

they have duo-class recently so the next logical step would be class A/B, class A, or simul in one amp (tri-class).

I am very, very interest in the Mark V that is supposedly due out in a few days @ NAMM. I will start a new thread on that now...
      Rivera S120, Marshall JMP-1, EL34 dual monobloc

Comment

and to be perfectly clear and fair to mesa, their customer service, web site and user manuals are top notch.

there's certain things I don't like about other manufacturers as well, like why did the VHT web site suck so bad?
        Rivera S120, Marshall JMP-1, EL34 dual monobloc

Comment

The original tubes are barely broken in! Why replace them at all?

Comment

Originally posted by cyclone View Post
            The original tubes are barely broken in! Why replace them at all?
            Because they are at least 6 years old by now.
            "I took a photo of my ohm meter... It didn't help." Enzo 8/20/22

Comment

Well at least my collection of Mullard, RCA, Tung Sol, GE, Sylvania tubes that test new and pass the "life" test but are 50 yrs past the "best if used by" date are still useful for bb gun targets!

Comment

He was gently pointing out that you were responding to a thread that has been dead for 6 years...
                Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Working...
                X