Reverb problem with JC 120.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reverb problem with JC 120.

This particular amp has too much dry signal in the reverb. I'm thinking there is a mixing resistor that needs to be changed. Looking at the schematic, I'm thinking r56, r59, or r61. Am I on the right track? Increasing the resistance will decrease the dry signal ?
    Roland JC120' 82.pdf

Not sure about your wording, everything into the tank is dry, everything coming out of it is wet. So there is no dry 'in the reverb'. If you don't like the sound coming out of the tank, that would be a function of the tank itself. If you mean even turning up the reverb pot doesn't mix in enough wet, then you could try to play with the mix.
    R59 has wet and dry through it so no. R56 looks like just one channel dry. R61 looks like both channels dry so that's probably the one I to try.
    Originally posted by Enzo
    I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

Sorry to be unclear. I meant turning up the reverb pot doesn't mix in enough wet. It's weird, the guitar seems to be "in front of" the reverb. Personally, I like it but our guitar guy says that's not normal so I said I'd give it a look. Anyways, there was room for me to solder a 270k ohm resistor in parallel to r61 which my electronics calculator says gives me 72 kohms. The guitar guys says that's better so I am done and thanks again.

Comment

I apparently decreased the dry signal resistor which increases the dry signal. Somehow the problem resolved anyway. Go figure!

Comment

Originally posted by rockman627 View Post
          I apparently decreased the dry signal resistor which increases the dry signal. Somehow the problem resolved anyway. Go figure!
          It's possible that some unknown problem was inadvertently corrected when you were working on it. Then with that problem corrected the additional dry signal still presented an acceptible mix.
          "Take two placebos, works twice as well." Enzo

"Now get off my lawn with your silicooties and boom-chucka speakers and computers masquerading as amplifiers" Justin Thomas

"If you're not interested in opinions and the experience of others, why even start a thread?
          You can't just expect consent." Helmholtz

Comment

Working...
          X