Hartke 3500 Bad Tube Preamp Output

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The main question is what filter?
    after the bridge (without capacitors), there is neither direct nor alternating current.​

Comment

Originally posted by x-pro View Post
      The main question is what filter?
      after the bridge (without capacitors), there is neither direct nor alternating current.​
      Not sure I understand your question.
      Don't mix up voltage and current.

Without filtering the unipolar (= single polarity) voltage after the rectifier consists of DC and AC.components.
      A power supply filter (being a low pass filter with a very low corner frequency) reduces the AC ripple content, consisting of a fundamental of twice the mains frequency + harmonics.
      - Own Opinions Only -

Comment

It is clear that we are talking about the form of tension. Otherwise it is a kind of current.
        Correctly indicated, smoothing out pulsations. This means that the voltage there is pulsating, with the frequency that you announced. But it is neither constant nor variable.
        I raised this question so that the author of the topic understands that there are pulsations and where they come from.​
        In this case, more precisely, the voltage waveform is not sinusoidal.
        Last edited by x-pro; 03-03-2024, 07:11 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by x-pro View Post
          I Otherwise it is a kind of current.
          That doesn't make sense to me. Power supply filters filter voltage - not current.

In this case, more precisely, the voltage waveform is not sinusoidal.
          Any waveform consists of a number of sinusoidal harmonics + a DC component.
          Last edited by Helmholtz; 03-03-2024, 08:09 PM.
          - Own Opinions Only -

Comment

Working...
          X