Transformer Codes on brownface Pro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Transformer Codes on brownface Pro

I was excited to work on this brownface Pro ... until I opened it. This amp was raped by a previous Tech. It is a sea of Orange. Every coupling cap is gone. The Orange terror has to go. I know the new Sozo are made in China but they will sound OK and look right. Even though the output transformer may have failed, I suspect it too was pillaged and replaced with a Mesa Boogie OT. Not one original preamp tube left behind.
    The power transformer has me stumped. I measured it as a 110V transformer. There is a code "66233". I don't know of any EIA code under 100. Could Schumacher have accidentally left out a zero? If so, 33 week of 1962 sounds right..but an EIA of 66???

The number might not be the EIA + date code but rather the part number.
    E.g., part number of the 5F2-A Princeton PT was 66079 and the 6G7 Bandmaster as well as the brown Concert used a 67233 PT.
    - Own Opinions Only -

Comment

Originally posted by Helmholtz View Post
      The number might not be the EIA + date code but rather the part number.
      Thank you Helmholtz! I tried searching for Fender Part number 66233 and struck out.
      I don't know what to tell the owner. I can only assume that it is not a genuine Fender part. It supplies the correct voltages (with Primary 110VAC), but it would be good to know its current was up to the job. I will ask the rewinding fella if he can estimate the current.

Comment

662 is a code. Don't know if Weller elec made transformer though. Picture would be nice.
        https://el34world.com/charts/transchart.htm has some very similar numbers with 5 digits

Comment

Working...
        X