Peavey Max 115 300W

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Peavey Max 115 300W

Looking at the output side of the RLC filter, I see the 350 kHz due to the PWM is still partially present. Is it normal for a small amount to remain? See pics below. The same noise is present on both the plus (yellow) and minus (purple) side, so I suppose you could consider it common mode noise that the speaker doesn’t see since it looks at the difference between + and - (white) But I wonder if the filter should do a better job of removing the high frequency component. Thanks for any insight.

Click image for larger version

Name:	1B8C74EC-6E42-43C9-B56B-4618BF0297D9.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	2.79 MB
ID:	996116
    Attached Files

I've gotten used to seeing that with many class D amps. When on both output terminals like that, I consider it normal. Once the speaker is connected I never hear any adverse effects.
    Originally posted by Enzo
    I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

The output chokes remove most of the HF but some will still remain. Even on the best quality Hi Fi amplifiers, there is always some remaining.
      The speaker lead is a capacitor and that will smooth out most of the remaining but your loudspeaker, however 'good' it is, will not reproduce any of it, if it could, we won't hear it anyway so not worth spending any time on it.
      Support for Fender, Laney, Marshall, Mesa, VOX and many more. https://jonsnell.co.uk
      If you can't fix it, I probably can.

Comment

Thanks for the responses. I guess I was wondering if the HF was creeping in because of failing chokes but from what you are saying it’s normal.

Comment

Working...
        X