Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blues Deluxe Reverb

Stupid question time!
    was the reverb on the older Blues Deluxe amps switchable?

Not sure I have the correct foot switch for it, but compared to an old schematic I have, the board in this one is not populated with the parts that switch the reverb on/off.

The board is dated 1993, #047006E
    Schematic I had on file is #047003G

Can't see how the reverb can switch without fet Q2

Cant link schematic from phone, I'll do it tomorrow at work, see if I can dig up an older schematic

The original one doesn't look like the reverb can be turned off, but I could definitely be wrong. Q1 looks like it's a mute function, following similar to the reissue schematic. The reissues definitely have reverb on/off controls. You can see the footswitch schematic on the reissue schematic.
    Attached Files

Comment

The schematic I have also shows Q2 FET for switching reverb, also. I'm not sure what you have there?

Edit: Simulpost.
      "I took a photo of my ohm meter... It didn't help." Enzo 8/20/22

Comment

I just pulled the service manual for the 1994 version of the amp. It's a single button for channels. The reverb was not selectable on the initial release versions.
        Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	0 Size:	27.1 KB ID:	996559

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	57
Size:	185.3 KB
ID:	996560​​

Comment

Thanks for the responses.
          I've never had one this old.
          It's got the missing parts labeled so they were in the planning stages of having it switchable

I'm sure it could be converted if you removed the U4 ground jumpers and populated the missing parts.

Just making sure I'm not crazy.....er, crazier.....

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by drewl View Post
            It's got the missing parts labeled so they were in the planning stages of having it switchable
            I think they shared the board with the DeVille, which did have the reverb switchable at that time. Probably an upsell.

Originally posted by Enzo
            I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

Here's the Blues Deville schematic from that era showing the reverb control circuitry
              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
              X