Delta Blues fuses

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Delta Blues fuses

I've got an older one of these that came in with the 1A fuse blown, and it appeared that all heaters lit except v1 and v2. No sound of course
    3A mains fuse was fine. Caps are leaking.
    Pulled all power tubes, insert fresh 1A fuse, and the mains 3A blows!
    1A still good.
    I pulled the cube of death board, replaced 3A, with all secondaries disconnected from board, and amp powers on fine.
    Performed cap job, still no power tubes, and amp is still blowing 3A mains, but 1A is still fine.

Where should I look next? 10A fuse has been fine the whole time

edit: amp holds steady when I pull the red HV secondaries from the board, so I'm looking at the rectifier diodes, but if they were bad I'm not understanding why the would have blow the 1A fuse on failure, and now the 3A mains fuse...
    Attached Files

Well, it turned out to be one of the diodes in the bridge rectifier for the HV

Comment

Originally posted by LarBal View Post
      edit: amp holds steady when I pull the red HV secondaries from the board, so I'm looking at the rectifier diodes, but if they were bad I'm not understanding why the would have blow the 1A fuse on failure, and now the 3A mains fuse...
      Is the 1A fuse a fast-blow?

Originally posted by Enzo
      I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

Working...
      X