tube dampers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tube dampers

ok it finally got me why would you want to even use tubes so bad you had to put rings on them to stop them from vibrating too much but i dont really see the point exept at higher volumes right now my big concern is how to keep my head from walking off my cabs i might just end up building a vox inspired rack that folds up

Punctuation and capital letters are your friends.

As far as tube dampers are concerned, I use them on the 5879's in my Kay 720 because only NOS are available and they are prone to microphonics. The tube dampers help.
    Stop by my web page!

Comment

Originally posted by eruannu View Post
      ok it finally got me why would you want to even use tubes so bad you had to put rings on them to stop them from vibrating too much but i dont really see the point exept at higher volumes right now my big concern is how to keep my head from walking off my cabs i might just end up building a vox inspired rack that folds up

icantreadthatcrap

Comment

Originally posted by markbul View Post
        icantreadthatcrap
        Good comment. I have been wondering if anyone was going to ever comment on the issue. Glade you two pointed it out.

When you want someone to give you their free help it's to your advantage to put appropriate effort into the request.

Comment

if theres one thing that annoy's me more than ppl that cant punctuate or use grammar proper..... its -> people on forums that bitch about other peoples bad grammr. lol
          "Enzo, I see that you replied parasitic oscillations. Is that a hypothesis? Or is that your amazing metal band I should check out?"

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Phillips View Post
            . Glade you two pointed it out.
            Sorry man I was tired that night. How the heck do I keep my head fom walking to the edge of the cab trying to commit suicide while I am playing. And i did not consider hard to find tube types and having to accept inferiority in them thank you.

Ps. Look who can't spell.

Comment

That is an internet law. Anyone who points out a grammatical error always commits one of his own in the process.

Nice fresh big rubber feeton the head help a lot. Adding cup inserts in the top of the cab works too. Quit shining the cab tolex with the Armorall.
              Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

So where can i get like 1.5" tall rubber feet to clear the handle on top of the cab

Comment

Ok.

What kind of cab is it, and what kind of head?

This stuff might help. You can get it at Home Depot or Target.

Or, Parts Express has a variety of rubber feet that might suffice.
                  Stop by my web page!

Comment

Head= stromberg carlson signet 33 (my latest project)
                    Cab= 1x12 vintage cab with hard vinyl sprayed or painted on coating very slippery. Hey will those waffle mats help? Gotta try that.

Comment

Handle sticks up an inch and a half?
                      Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Hey, I keep getting e-mails advertising pills to cure that. I'll forward you some
                        "Enzo, I see that you replied parasitic oscillations. Is that a hypothesis? Or is that your amazing metal band I should check out?"

Comment

yeah its like a vintage speaker cab for a dukane projector outfit. has a suit case type handle on the top. yeah i got problems with my handle sticking out

Comment

Working...
                          X