Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Motorboating in Peavey Classic 30

hi,

I did some mods to my amp (master volume and footswitchable boost from Ahola's site) but yesterday when I increased the post or master volume started a motorboating (right name?).Suggestions?

thanks!

try moving the wires connected to the new master volume or other mod while it is motorboating to see if you can get it to stop. It is probably lead dress on the mods.
    Warning! Some Electronics devices contain lethal voltages that can kill you. If you do not feel qualified to work with dangerous voltages, refer your repairs to a qualified technician. By giving you online advice, I am assuming no liability for any injury or damages you might incur through your own actions.

Comment

Originally posted by bnwitt View Post
      try moving the wires connected to the new master volume or other mod while it is motorboating to see if you can get it to stop. It is probably lead dress on the mods.
      I had turned two hour ago(my home) and now it works fine.

Comment

The usual rule of problems in a modded factory amp that worked fine before-hand is it was because of something you did in the mod. Go back and re-check the mod. Did you use shielded cable for the MV control? (those PC boards are pretty close together and have absolutely everything on them, including filter caps about right above where the MV control wires insert into the bottom board).
        Building a better world (one tube amp at a time)

"I have never had to invoke a formula to fight oscillation in a guitar amp."- Enzo

Comment

Originally posted by tubeswell View Post
          The usual rule of problems in a modded factory amp that worked fine before-hand is it was because of something you did in the mod. Go back and re-check the mod. Did you use shielded cable for the MV control? (those PC boards are pretty close together and have absolutely everything on them, including filter caps about right above where the MV control wires insert into the bottom board).
          yes,i did everything correctly.Certainly the lighting plant of the night club was faulty.

BTW Anyone has added a pot to adjust the boost volume? It's possible this?

Comment

My first thought was that the output transformer plug was inserted backwards.
            Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Working...
            X