Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help need to add an AUX input

hi all,
    I have an Orange Crush 10 solid state amp that I absolutely cherish. I'd like to add a AUX in to plug in my mp3 player and play along with my guitar.

I have a good knowledge of electronics but im not sure what components I'll need for the task?? Ive done a bit of research and the suggestion is to tap between the pre-amp (after the tone controls) and the power amp circuit. This makes sense.

my major concern is that i might load up the signal path with my mp3 player. In other words cause the signal to drain due to a impedance mismatch?? How do I determine the existing impedance looking into where I want to tap, using a digital volt meter?

btw, If anyone has a schematic on this, that would be awesome, otherwise I may have to plot it out.

Another question not relate to the above. What is the correct way to connect to amplifiers in series. in other words, connecting a headphone out from one amplifier to an guitar input to another amp in a cascading fashion.
    cheers.

bump to see whether it appears in new posts shortcut. Doesn't appear to.

Comment

Originally posted by vifer View Post
      bump to see whether it appears in new posts shortcut. Doesn't appear to.
      Since you've already read it, it won't appear as a new post. It will appear for those who have not read it though.
      -tb

"If you're the only person I irritate with my choice of words today I'll be surprised" Chuck H.

Comment

Working...
      X