Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mod "wiring" question

Recently I added a few switchable tone mod tweaks to my Crate Palomino V32

One is a bass cut that bypasses the R31. One cuts the C53 to make the "boost" feature a bit more full range. The 100K pot replaces the fixed level of R45(68K).Aside from shortening up the wiring should I perhaps redo it with shieled wire?

Also it would be nice if the boost was less of a mid boost. Anybody see perhaps a way to make it more full range? Thanks Bob

http://www.schematicheaven.com/newam...2_palomino.pdf

"Reality is an illusion albeit a very persistant one " Albert Einstein

Short of redoing the wiring with shielded stuff I just cleaned it up for now. Thoughts/ Bob

Comment

Anybody out there? This cant be a difficult question to answer ,no?Bob
      Last edited by rockon1; 09-05-2009, 05:01 PM.

Comment

if it doesn't hum no need to shield it.

if you do shield your new connections just remember to only attach one end of the shield to ground to prevent a ground loop.

so tell us! how do you like your mods?

were the results what you expected?

how does it sound now?

Ray

Comment

Originally posted by stingray_65 View Post
          if it doesn't hum no need to shield it.

if you do shield your new connections just remember to only attach one end of the shield to ground to prevent a ground loop.

so tell us! how do you like your mods?

were the results what you expected?

how does it sound now?

Ray

The beauty of switchable mods is that it can sound stock or modded. The

bass reduction mod is nice. It doesnt suck a lot of bass out just enough to

reduce some of the inherent boominess -I leave it switched on most of the

time so far. The other two mods are to the boost feature on the amp with is

a bit too loud and too middy. In fact I'd say its more of a mid boost than

anything else. Even with the C53 lift it gets more midrangy as its turned up

with the pot I installed. If I could figure out how to reduce the midrange i'd

like it more. Still as is it adds a lot of inbetween flavors but I still will probably

need to use an EQ in the loop as my lead boost and not the boost which I

hoped to do.... No hum-guess Im good to go! ,thanks Bob

Comment

Working...
          X