peavey mace mid mod

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• peavey mace mid mod

enzo, i have old style transister non vt peavey maces. i would like to mod the mid control on the effects channel . i want to make a cut @ 800hz to 1.6k. could i change a resister or cap values in the mid section. i dont want external eq pedals. any ideas?

That is not my area of expertise. Here is the schematic for anyone wanting to pitch in.

The tone stack is pretty conventional. I'd take it over to DUncan's site and plug the numbers into the Tone Stack Calculator. if you have not already downloaded this wonderful - and free - bit of software, you really should. You can vary the parts values and see real time response curves. I don;t know why you couldn;t do this. The controls are interactive though.

Have you rebuilt the amp? See all those little 2uf/35v caps all over the circuit? Those are all 30+ years old now and may be pretty tired. You might make sure the amp is solid with good fresh caps before modifying its tone circuits. It may sound better on its own then. Just a thought.
    Attached Files
    Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Working...
    X